Programme of Winter Field Excursions 2016-17
|Tue 11th Oct||
Martin Mere. WI 8.45, or Martin Mere Car Park 10.00. Admission charge for non-members of WWT.
|Wed 16th Nov||
Nosterfield Quarry / Nosterfield NNR, WI 8.30.
|Tue 13th Dec||
Christmas Lunch: preceded by walk led by Eric Gaulton. Walk starts from Silverdale Hotel at 9:30am. Lunch is 12:30pm for 1pm. Cost to be confirmed at first indoor meeting or on website.
|Tue 10th Jan||
Lunt Meadows, WI 9.00 or LWT, Lunt Meadows car park 10.30.
Postcode L29 7WL.
Please note the following:
* Postcode L29 7WL – this will take you to the village. The reserve is approx 150 metres out of the village down a signed track across an open field to the right.
* If following a map – go to the end of M58 and through the main lights with Asda on your left. Turn right at next filter lane and follow signs for Sefton. Lunt is then signposted and follow directions above to reserve.
* Car parking for 30 cars.
* There are no toilets.
* Paths are good but a little muddy in parts. There is no cover and warm clothes recommended.
* Total walking distance up to 3 miles.
* Website available through Lancashire Wildlife Trust.
|Mon 13th Feb||
Knott End and Pilling, WI 9.15 or Knott End car park SD345484 at 10.15.
|Thu 30th Mar||
Sizergh and Park End, WI 8.00, or Sizergh Castle Car Park 8.15.
It is recommended that, in the event of adverse weather reports prior to a field trip the leader of the day be contacted. If they are not available contact John Webb: 01524 701497.
Please bring a packed lunch for field trips.
Members and friends attend lectures/meetings/ field trips at their own risk and the Society cannot be held responsible for accidents.
We encourage members to share cars to field trip sites in the interest of the protection of habitats and landscape and as there is often limited parking. The cost of the trip should be divided as agreed by those sharing the car.